Kelly A. Schnapp, PMP
Kelly A. Schnapp, PMP
Senior Consultant, Emergency Management Solutions (Virginia Division)
Kelly Schnapp is an accomplished experienced Project Manager and Incident Command System expert with a 20-year career leading high-visibility or mission critical projects locally and nationally for the U.S. Coast Guard, University of Minnesota, Department of the Interior, and Department of Labor. She is experienced in managing projects with geographic, topic, and stakeholder complexities using Integrated Master Schedules, stakeholder engagement, regular briefings, and effective meetings. Highly skilled in overseeing staff efforts assigned to project tasks with eight years in federal employee supervision and 12 years as a Coast Guard Officer. Projects included;
- Creator and Project Manager for the BSEE Off-shore Drilling Oil Spill Preparedness Enforcement Manual that addressed Deepwater Horizon after action report recommendations.
- Coast Guard Federal On-Scene Coordinator for $16M federally-funded Gulf of Mexico oil spill response.
- Coast Guard Headquarters program lead for 2010 Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill initial response and the stand-up of the first real-world Spill of National Significance (SONS) National Incident Command.
- Technical lead and Project Manager for SONS 2010 Exercise including all USCG organizational levels, industry partners, State/Federal participants, with $300,000 budget.
- Technical writer and Project Manager for Congressionally required After Action Report in response to oil spill in San Francisco in 2007, resulting in $25,000,000 funding for Coast Guard program.
Certified FEMA Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) member since 2018. Completed the eight-week FEMA-sponsored course in Fairfax, VA along with others to form a cohesive team, including full-scale mass casualty exercise. Assisting the community CERT in developing contingency plans and mini-exercises to maintain readiness.
Certified Project Management Professional and Project Management Institute member since 2020.
Mrs. Schnapp is a Unit Award for Excellence of Service recipient from the Director of the Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement. She also received two Commendation Medals during a three-year tour at Coast Guard Headquarters.
Mrs. Schnapp graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Safety and Health, Industrial Hygiene from Bowling Green State University. She earned a Master's Degree in Environmental Science, Atmospheric Physics, from The Medical University Of South Carolina.